Monster Fiends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherlock Holmes

4 posters

Go down

Sherlock Holmes Empty Sherlock Holmes

Post  ED_ofthe_DEAD Mon 11 Jan 2010, 1:52 pm

saw it last night. I rather enjoyed this movie. It stuck pretty close to the origin story of Sherlock, and the cinematography and visual aspects were stunning. They did an amazing job recreating 1800's London and it was very well done. The movie started slow, but not in a bad way. It took its time to introduce the characters and it didn't feel rushed at all. Robert Downey Jr. took the role of Holmes to a whole new level with his witty humor and his "Dr.House" like attitude. if you see this I reccomend going to the bathroom first, as it is a fairly long movie and with all the deductions and clues, you're sure to miss something important. As stated in the last sentence, theres a good ammount of very cleaver deductions that make you say "oh, wow!", and a plethora of little things with seemingly no sugnificance but i assure you just about every detail is important. On a final note, i will also add that the trailer and the movie itself are very different. The trailer portrays it as a funny, action packed and sexual film, but the final film is funny at times, serious for the most part, and contains a handful of action sequences and sexual situations such as very brief nudity. There may not be a large ammount of action but when there is, it doesn't dissapoint. Overall I rate this a 7 out of ten, very enjoyable and worth a watch at least once.
ED_ofthe_DEAD
ED_ofthe_DEAD

Back to top Go down

Sherlock Holmes Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes

Post  josephchoi Wed 13 Jan 2010, 9:54 pm

very enjoyable. RDJ and Law were great. played out like a Scooby Doo episode though LOL
josephchoi
josephchoi

Back to top Go down

Post  ED_ofthe_DEAD Wed 13 Jan 2010, 11:40 pm

lol funny you said that because its so true. But in the best way. It played out like an adult scooby doo with the way the mysteries were laid out.

I enjoyed this movie very much, more than scooby lol
ED_ofthe_DEAD
ED_ofthe_DEAD

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 Jan 2010, 4:56 pm

I dunno, I probably won't see it, it didn't seem too appealing to me and I haven't heard very good things about it around here.

Back to top Go down

Post  ollie1409 Tue 19 Jan 2010, 6:18 pm

i havnt seen it yet,i may go check it out sometime

ollie1409

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Kerr Sun 24 Jan 2010, 7:18 pm

I thought it was very well done... I wasn't very keen on the casting at first, but after seeing it, my opinion has changed. Definitely worth a watch.
Joe Kerr
Joe Kerr

http://www.myspace.com/joekerr_69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum