Monster Fiends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday the 13th V: A New Beginning Review

3 posters

Go down

Friday the 13th V: A New Beginning Review Empty Friday the 13th V: A New Beginning Review

Post  josephchoi Fri 12 Feb 2010, 1:32 am

Hey, folks. this Is the Samurai Dynamo with his Fetid Review of an awesome sleaze-fest of epic proportions as far as Hollywood goes. What's this, you may ask? Friday the 13th part 5: A New Beginning. This was a movie with incomprehensible plot, terrible dialogue, some pretty annoying characters... and boobs. Yes, boobs. Not just boobs, random boobs. My god, you might say- is this really that bad/good? And my answer is... YES. And I loved it, frankly.

Created as a followup to what many then considered to be The Final Chapter of the series, this was pretty much the retarded brother of the franchise. Everything The Final Chapter did well, this failed. The story was simply incomprehensible. Nothing about it even made sense- why did that dick-jock kill the fat guy? It's the kind of shit I'd expect from a family guy episode, but Friday the 13th? Neutral Anyway, the story also has a subplot which I admit is interesting, with a completely fucked up Tommy Jarvis played by John Shepard in a loony bin. This was the guy who I felt almost saved the movie. Everyone else pretty much blew at acting, but he was really into it. He was intense, paranoid, just totally fucked up. He stole each and all scene he was in. He was intense.

I'm too lazy right now. But check back later for more.
josephchoi
josephchoi

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th V: A New Beginning Review Empty Re: Friday the 13th V: A New Beginning Review

Post  knowbody Mon 15 Feb 2010, 3:59 pm

this movie is downright lousy and embarrassing. The characters, script, directing and acting are irredeemable. I still think Tommy Jarvis could've been a little more unstable and edgy. Plus, i don't like the fact that the actor who plays Tommy in this one looks like he's 35 years-old when in the previous movie he was like 11 or 12.
I do like the premise though, having Tommy end up in a camp for troubled "youth" to help him recover from the trauma of Part IV. So much more could've been done with that idea.
Overall, i regret ever buying this movie on dvd. And i hate it whenever i remember that i have this sh*t in my collection.
knowbody
knowbody

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th V: A New Beginning Review Empty Re: Friday the 13th V: A New Beginning Review

Post  josephchoi Mon 15 Feb 2010, 11:42 pm

knowbody wrote:this movie is downright lousy and embarrassing. The characters, script, directing and acting are irredeemable. I still think Tommy Jarvis could've been a little more unstable and edgy. Plus, i don't like the fact that the actor who plays Tommy in this one looks like he's 35 years-old when in the previous movie he was like 11 or 12.
I do like the premise though, having Tommy end up in a camp for troubled "youth" to help him recover from the trauma of Part IV. So much more could've been done with that idea.
Overall, i regret ever buying this movie on dvd. And i hate it whenever i remember that i have this sh*t in my collection.

Dude... Random boobs.

That and the fact that it was cheesy made me like it, despite its shitty mcshit shitmac with a side of shitfries.
josephchoi
josephchoi

Back to top Go down

Post  CobraNewt Sun 16 May 2010, 2:37 pm

Eh, I think the movie could of been good...I mean, I like the idea of Jason being dead and gone, and someone taking up the mantle to get revenge. I think it could of and should of been the last one. Would of been another intresting "jason" movie, but also said that the guy is still dead. But ya, could of been alot better written. furthermore, they should of killed the guy who hacked up Roy's son. Just have him in a prison cell and a friggin arrow comes through the window and hits em in the throat. Anything would of been better. Prolly could of used a few more scenes with Roy in it, rather than just that one scene(Course Dick Wieland totally hates part V and prolly did not deserve to be in it)

Like I said though, it could of been so much more than it was. I do love Jason's hock though, heh.

CobraNewt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum