Forced sports in schools

Go down

Forced sports in schools

Post  ED_ofthe_DEAD on Sat 09 Jan 2010, 3:20 am

Let me start off by saying im not a big fan of sports in general. My time in school was hell not only due to reidicule but because they forced unwanted sports and physical activity down my throat. Now, Im not an athelete, i dont much care for it. I understand its important to ensure that kids are healthy but they cant even as much as create some alternative to sports, like perhaps spending the time hiking or walking. And since when was a playground considered childs play? Im 21 and I will admit, swingsets are fun lol. Its not even so much that the sports and activities as a whole are bad but more the fact that theres always better players. Theres that select bunch of people who we will call the jocks, who are more respected by the coach and more talented at the games. The ridicule from these jocks over simple things as not knowing how a game is played or maybe not underdtanding, is more hurtful and annoying then the forced activity ever was. Not everyone is the same, I know I sure wasnt. I sat out during most of my gym time, and I wish I didnt have to but I did. Does anyone else agree that forceing sports on students with no alternative is wrong?
ED_ofthe_DEAD

Back to top Go down

Re: Forced sports in schools

Post  Joe Kerr on Sat 09 Jan 2010, 3:22 am

America is too fat, man... The 'man' is gonna try to sweat it out of them.

I'm glad I'm out of the public school system. cheers cheers cheers
Joe Kerr

http://www.myspace.com/joekerr_69

Back to top Go down

Post  SirMWK on Sat 09 Jan 2010, 7:26 am

When I took gym in high school, I sat on a bench and listened to my friend describe the variety of beans he had and what he had snorted that day.
SirMWK
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/sirmwaynekofviolence

Back to top Go down

Post  Glockink on Sat 09 Jan 2010, 12:01 pm

Alot of what you are "forced" to do in school is wrong.
Glockink

http://www.myspace.com/tattoosbystan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat 09 Jan 2010, 10:48 pm

Eh, I never liked P.E. but I don't think its all that bad. I mean I only had to have it one time in high school. I mean, its no worse than kids being forced to take 4 years of math and english. I don't really think the government is trying to force students to do something they don't want to, I believe that its more like trying to motivate people to exercise, and to give students the opportunity to work out. I had a lot of problems with ridicule in my P.E. classes, but I just transferred classes and told the counselor that it was either I switched classes or I was going to become violent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shelbell27 on Mon 11 Jan 2010, 12:18 am

I hear you, there was this "bigger" girl in my class who tried and tried and if she didn't hit the ball, catch it, ect, people rediculed her. Even coach, None the less, I think that kids should be able to choose weather or not they take gym as a class or not. Not everyone is an athelete and if they want to be fat or not do sports let them,oh well.
Shelbell27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon 11 Jan 2010, 5:23 am

But at least they can say they tried to motivate the students by having them take gym anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down