Suggestions

Go down

Suggestions

Post  BornOfFire on Fri 08 Jan 2010, 5:54 am

Hey guys! I have had lots of experience with forums and thought I would put my 2 cents in. For starters, the skin colors are a little screwy. Some text is black and when you have a black background it appears to be missing. Also I know orange and black are Halloween colors but the orange is not easy on the eyes and can stray people from joining or hanging out on the forum. I can suggest some other skins or maybe help with customizing this one if the admin (I'm not sure who that is, sir?) would like me to.
Also when starting a forum it is best not to have so many categories. Start out small with a general discussion and a few others and expand as needed. This is a proven fact to help message boards and I too ignored this suggestion on a few of my sites for many years.
I know a lot of you like chatting on mm.net and other boards with there chat rooms where you can chat instantly. For example on mm.net and Hb.com they use FlashChat integration which is very easy to install if you know what you are doing. FlashChat cost a small fee and I do have a legal copy that I might donate if you guys want one.
To be honest I haven't used phpbb on any of my boards for years now since I discovered Vbulletin. Vb is far superior to phpbb but it comes with a price tag. If you plan on really making something out of this site and its not just a side project that wont mean nothing 6 months down the road then I suggest Vb.
I have other suggestions but I'll leave it at that right now. If the admin would like any help, feel free to email me at ibornoffire@yahoo.com
BornOfFire

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post  SirMWK on Fri 08 Jan 2010, 8:11 am

Thanks for the input, man! We're still working out the kinks so most everything on here is temporary. Stay tuned, though!
SirMWK
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/sirmwaynekofviolence

Back to top Go down